Friday, August 23, 2013

Reasons to dump the your Facebook account

So there I am, taking an hour to get into my own Skype account because I'd forgotten who I was, what I was, my name, my age, my shoe size, favourite colour etc etc and eventually getting into it find there is no one to talk to, of course there isn't. Nobody was expecting me, I don't have a football field full of friends, the list is exhaustive pretty quickly. Know what I mean? Somehow I'm then tapping into my Facebook account, which I rarely look at nowadays and start wondering. All these methods of communication and no one to communicate with. But to tell the truth my opinion of Facebook is on a par with something which comes out of a dogs back side and you hope not to step into especially when it's fresh and then curse the dog, the owner and the grip under your shoe where the gunk seems to collect and follow you about for the rest of the day.

Facebook is like a post card show, but all the cards are happy faces, all the comments are like "wish you were here" because underneath it is saying my life is better than yours and I have more friends than you. We are always happy and never sad. I'm not allowed to put some comments on facebook because Sparkling would be pissed off with me. I can't write feck Facebook, or write anything derogatory in an open forum. I don't like it. You just have to hold back it's etiquette and if you didn't hold back you'd be considered nuts. People have had their identity stolen from Facebook and even had their homes burgled when they went on holiday.

  • facebook doing it's damnest to take ownership of your photo's and words.
  • facebook passing on your details to advertising companies or private companies because they have profiled your likes and dislikes.
  • It is not a publicity contest. Your value as an individual is not related to what is written on facebook.
  • Life is often boring. Sometimes people put shit on it to get attention. 
  • Attention seekers.
  • SPAM and more SPAM, and some more SPAM.
  • Because you're not a sheep and don't want to follow the crowd.
  • Employers now trawl facebook to spy on their employees, especially those potential employees. Got an interview?
  • facebook isn't your story of how you have come through the tough times.
  • facebook is depressive.
  • facebook friends are not real friends. Unless you can say you sat down and had coffee with them in the last month.
  • It's full of self-publishing narcissists.
  • It's a reminder of how friends and family you used to know have now become distant friends, distant family, and faded images.
  • It is a waste of time.
  • People lie.
  • You cannot truly delete your facebook account.
  • Because you're making a few owners richer, facebook is a private company after all.
Seems, there are some pretty good reasons not to be on facebook. Just doing a search on the internet and you'll find there are some disputed arguments going on about user privacy and facebook suing. I wonder if they will take my message of facebook, the one which says I'm writing a blog on reasons not to be on it.  The next thing is to decide on trying to delete my account although this is a difficult thing to do. Also to try and remove stuff I've put on there, bit by bit. Reduce their profile accuracy. Yet there's always the fear of not being part of something just when it has suddenly become of use. After this blog if I remain on it, I'll be a bit of a hypocrite.  There's another reason, facebook's full of hypocrites, I know one for sure.


No comments: