Monday, August 10, 2009

Another sleepless night somewhere in London

Last night it was hot again. I got up this morning feeling worse than when I went to bed. I must of slept at some point but I don't feel it. There was a time when sleep came so easy. Now I wonder if it will be one of those nights which begins with the question "am I going to sleep?" Which occasionally is bought on by Sparkling tapping into my insecurities during a conversation before bed. A conversation which ends up with her laughter and me in the middle of a psychological trauma. It's fortunate I love her so much. Although there must be something odd if it involves making fun of my frailties. However, I am equally at fault and have enjoyed playing on Sparkling's own character traits as well. So at least it is equal. I smile. Except this morning I wasn't smiling. I just felt like shite. It must of been yesterday's entire belly episode and the renewed feeling of having a porky paunch. So I did the shortest day I could at the Fish Factory. Returned home and then went to bed. Three hours later I got up again. I feel a little better now, thank heavens. Only a little, but I got more sleep waiting I can tell. On account of the matchsticks holding up my eyelids, the three strips of sellotape, a second very strong cup of tea, and a kick of dark chocolate on top of a digestive. Hmm. Open, open, come open left eye and you to right eye. Don't drop off now.

I've developed this little cough as well. It's like a companion now. Fleeting considerations of whether this could be swine flu hit me in my delirious states. Stop nodding off, concentrate man.
I'm sure it's not the Flu, but you have to be cautious of these things. I'm just wilting it's all there is to it. Like the wicked witch of the East, except rather than Dorothy's house falling on top of me the summer of 2009 which has hit. I'm cursed. Maybe I should stand out in the back garden stark naked. Under a full moon of course, and then hold a peice of rhubarb above my head. On account of rhubarb's antioxidant properties. I don't think we have any Golden Eagles around so I'll have to miss out the part of this ceremony which involves a feather. Mind there is the odd pigeon, I know they are about because they are still nesting in the roof. If they did a little carpentry as well it would be nice. So I could do a watered down version of the banish-away-ailments ceremony. I'm sure there's another ingredient missing. Don't matter it will come to me when I'm outside, I just hope it doesn't rain. I'm sure it wont. I'll do a small version of the not-rain-tonight dance before I begin. Blimey. This is going to be an all nighter. No wonder I have problems sleeping, so many things to think about. Mind I just love the feel of grass under my bare feet. Unless I step into some animal's nightly ablution. That's when the dance-dance-faster-to-get-this-poo-off-my-foot move is used. Cats are considerate. It's the others who aren't. Blimey in today's age it's amazing what you have to go through just to shift the feeling of being a little under the weather. Well, better under the weather than ontop of it.

No comments: