Wednesday, August 19, 2009

How many ways can you beat someone sensless?

Last night I did a little bit of problem solving for Sparkling. She's been having some problems with a few characters she has to deal with in a group meeting. For a while it was touch and go, her instinct was to take a hatchet, boxing gloves and an attitude to the next meet. After listening for a while, in text speak, I was able to come up with 4 or 5 alternative ideas on how to deal with these persons. It was at this time I got concerned for Sparkling, because they were stressing her out and in turn this would have an effect on her health. I think the conversation went OK and haven't received any phone calls from the constabulary, but it may be a few days before the next meeting anyway.

Today though, I experienced the same sensation. The type where in a flash I felt like killing someone, my hands were round their neck, I was throttling them senseless. It might of been my imagination but there were some awful things going on in it. Awful, absolutely awful but I'm sure they would of given me momentary pleasure if at all possible. However, I then had an insight to the very excuse I'd given Sparkling. It does you no good getting stressed and angry at someone else, physically and mentally. The only person who gets hurt is yourself. I then tried very much to ignore what had made me turn crazy, because at this moment the idiot who helped create these feelings was winning out even more. The thought also occurred to me I should do some meditation and train my mind and emotions especially when it comes to frustration and anger. The negative emotions, for they really are a poison chalice of which I'd pored my own helping. This is not to say it is possible to always make these feelings redundant, just to be mindful of their secondary effects. Whether such feelings have to be talked over in an internal dialogue or put down in writing might be therapeutic, but there is no doubt acting on them would be dangerous, both to me and the person I'd throttle. There's consequences to think about.

However, if you've ever seen the film "Throw momma from the train" which is an adaptation of a previous Hitchcock movie then things might be different. Unfortunately there would be very little motivation or pleasure in murdering someone you don't hold animosity towards. Although it would probably make the crime more thoughtful and therefore less chance of being caught. However, there are few true cold blooded people about. Then again accidents do happen.

No comments: