Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Cat on demand, tickle on demand, feet rub on demand and now speak double dutch

Chrimbo has been spent in the wonderful company of Sparkling, Rock Chick, L & B man and the rest of the family.  It has gone very quickly and tomorrow I'm due to head south to the Big Smokey as L & B man calls it.  However, the demands on my waist line have pushed my belt to the last buckle hole.   In one evening session my jeans must of looked particularly tight because in his inimitable way L & B man had to bring it to attention.  He said I had a man-gina, my jeans looked like I'd got a camel toe.  Bloody great.  I suppose this was him getting me back for making a comment about his torn styled jeans when out shopping.  Just as Sparkling always says Karma is a bitch.  Well it probably more than got me back last night, foot rub demands were the start of it, then going to bed it took on another side.

Olly the cat decided to show his power.  During the night this was done three times.  His meow screamed out such comments as "I am hungry go and feed me now" and "don't forget to stroke me and give me attention"  or there was the "check out my litter tray and clean it, I want to use it again," of course being only a biped I have an issue with understanding exactly what he is saying.  In any case it does mean I have to get up, go downstairs, see what task he has now set and get to work to his exacting demands. I'm now well and truly trained.  Being winter and all, it's cold getting up for the cat.  It's OK for him, with his nice black and white fur coat, he just makes assumptions we are all he same, we're not!  Which is what he banks on.  In the meantime also during the night Sparkling needed her back tickled.  Twice I was called upon to do this when she had woken up because of coughing (residue flu bug) and I had also ran downstairs to get some cough linctus.  There were then at least five calls during the night I had to make.  The next morning Sparkles said it was the best night's sleep she'd had. 

This evening Sparkles has lost her voice.  At first it was quite nice not having the light of Sparkle's opinion over anything, but then it became annoying.  I like to hear what Sparkles has to say, even if I don't agree with it, or even if it is to tell me to "shut up."  I feel lost without it.  I like to listen to her.  Unless it's to do with chores I should of done and hadn't.  So the evening has been quite, except for the odd remark from Rock, who will not wash up anything she dirties, and Dangerous Sports Lad just hasn't been trained enough to do Rock's washing up for her.  Karma is what I say to you Rock Chick, watch out because you can never tell what form it will be in.

Meow, bloody cat.  What's he saying now?  "hey biped, come and put some more water in my bowl." I wonder if he's ever been shown a fur hat before?

No comments: