Saturday, December 04, 2010

Sparkles snowed in

Sparkling has been, locked in her house for a week.  It's the white stuff.  The car has been welded to the road, icicles bigger than swords hang down from the guttering.  Some houses have had their guttering pulled down under the weight and strain it has taken.  She consequently rushes out of the front or back door in fear one might drop.  The cat is afraid to go out, of being lost in the snow and never being found, his little meow would be damped and he'd never be heard.  There has been no trace of birds.  They hid in the trees somewhere and have not even come down to have fried sausages specially made for them.  Sparkling tells me she has done nothing today, then on another day again I ring she has done nothing.  She is going crazy.  Cabin Fever is getting stronger.  The odd trek takes place to a local shop where the shelves are looking a lighter than normal and the barest essentials, alcohol and fags are getting very low.  I'm told she is getting feral.  I ask "feral?"  Yes it's her hair, it now is becoming wild.  After fourteen episodes of a TV series who's name I forget, I can tell Sparkling is having enough and needs to escape.  It doesn't matter where, she has to get out, the house has become a snow prison.  The Gay Rum has all been drunk, but Sparkling did manage a hot toddy out of it.  I wish I could make it easier, do something to whisk away the snow and ice.  Sparkles tells me if I were there she'd have me clearing up for the whole street as well as digging out the car.  Which has now been truly hemmed in by snow as Dangerous Sports Lad in his imitable way blocked in with more snow when trying to help. 

Rock Chick has gone out and for the evening and left Sparkles with the X Factor.  Rock will be chugging down wine with University girl, who will maybe tomorrow give Sparkles a lift to the Supermarket.  I can see Sparkles now if she gets there, it will be like heaven, just being out of the house, walking around the corridors of goods.  If she's lucky maybe even bumping into real human beings to talk to, to pass the time, to chit chat.  I could even see her spending some time with Santa if he isn't surrounded by kids asking for the latest toys.  Sparkles isn't on top of the weather at the moment.  Yes, it's a pun.  I go to bed and as I turn and toss searching for warmth I wrap my arms around me and wish Sparkles a good night, sweet dreams and know all is well.

Keep your spirits up honey.

No comments: