Monday, December 06, 2010

Wool mix trousers are worth avoiding

In the Fish Factory the heating rises up from the floor.  When the building was constructed the fad was floor heating.  Electrical elements were built into the concrete.  A thermostat is adjusted on one side of the room, however in some parts of the room the elements have failed, in others they work perfectly.  The floor under my feet works too perfectly and it ends up with my feet being roasted if the temperature isn't set at just the right level.  Those people who sit near windows however can sometimes get cold as even the smallest of cracks lets in the chilly air.  Today this heating caused some irritation.  Irritation to my legs.

There reason for this was I had been out and bought a new pair of trousers, which have a wool mix blend in the fabric.  I had already thrown a pair of trousers away with a wool based fabric and today I re learnt why.  Saying this the trousers look very nice, except for one, thing they make me itch.  At first I tried to ignore how my legs felt.  There was no doubt in my mind it was a combination of floor heating and wool mixed trousers.  Then I just could not help myself, I began to scratch.  Awwwe, what a relief it was as well.  The thing was I just could not stop myself from scratching my legs and letting out the occasional happy sigh.  Using the end of a biro seemed to be quite effective as well.  I became aware I might of looked a bit odd.  Especially as I was scratching and rubbing my legs so much.  Itch, Itch, Itch, scratch, scratch, scratch, awwwwwwe.  I just hope nobody thought I was doing anything else. 

Moto: avoid wool mix trousers at any cost.

No comments: