Tuesday, October 25, 2011

6 Sleeps till Malta

It is now only six sleeps till Malta.  Boarding tickets for the plane have just been printed off, I now have a luggage case which was a steal at fifteen quid, what a bargain, I just hope the wheels hold out for the trip there and back.  Sparkling bless her cotton socks has been working like a slave in her Fish Factory.  She is tired to the point of dropping, so has taken a little bit of a back seat while I get all the finer details sorted out.  Tomorrow I start packing.  I also have to buy a train ticket to see Sparkles.   I'm thinking I'll be up there on the Friday and must not forget about how we'll be travelling to the airport.  It will be pretty early in the morning when we head off, unfortunately it will be even earlier when we head back from Malta to Edinburgh.  Malta has three pin plugs and the same power supply.  Fantastic.  They speak English, fantastic. Sparkles has been checking out the eating and partying places, she said to me "I'll do everything Rock Chick would disapprove of."  This leads me to believe Sparkling is going to let her hair down and very much enjoy herself.  It's great news. Sparkles also told me not to pressurise her into running around the Island, trips here or trips there.  But it don't mean no adventuring, it just means measured adventuring and holidaying.  I think I can do that part.

I believe Sparkles is already wanting to squeeze every moment of relaxation out of her holiday before she sets foot on a plane or tips her toes in the Mediterranean waters.  I can tell from the excitement which comes through even though she is a walking zombie at the moment.

When we are away for the week, Rock will just have to fend for herself with Dangerous Sports lad.  I'm sure there will be some dangerous discussions between them as they arm wrestle who will get the hoover out or who's turn it will be to do the washing up.  We may find the cat has packed his bags and left.  Or there has been an ASBO served because they have partied for 6 nights and slept on the 7th night.  No.  I'm sure Rock will be sensible.  Except for the hoovering, which is more to do with an aversion than sensible.

Whatever happens, it will not matter, a week of escape is just what the doctor ordered.

No comments: