Thursday, October 20, 2011

Booking a trip to Malta

I have been quietly celebrating the booking of a holiday.  I and Sparkling Eyes will be going to Malta.  We will be in each other's company for one week.  No distractions.  No phone calls from our Fish Factories, no meowing cats, no wondering what we're going to cook tonight, no thinking about whether another blanket will be needed for the bed as autumn throws it's tentacles and shivers up us.  Of course there will be no getting away from Sparkling or for Sparkling to get away from me.  It's not that we will be on best behaviour it's because when two animals are confined in a limited space they circle.  But our space will not be limited.  The hotel is big so if we wish to play hide and seek it will be quite an easy case of get away from each other.  On the other hand I really am going to enjoy a week in Sparkling's company.  The reason is, she will not be able to get away from me, I will be able to sit and talk with her without any problem.  Normally just ringing her up can be a logistical nightmare with our different working hours.  I will be able to sit and talk a complete load of codswallop and just enjoy chatting.  On the other hand Sparkling may decide she's had enough of my incessant chit chat and throw me off the balcony.  If there is a balcony, I hope so because it would make a change to see the see rather than the top of garage roofs.

In Malta the temperature is about 20 degrees Celsius, which is absolutely summer as far as Sparkles is concerned.  For Scotland has had a wet dull summer period.  Not much at all has gone on there in the way of sun shine and barbecues.  It's been more of umbrellas and days in doors.

I had discussed this holiday with Sparkling and we had simultaneously surfed a web site where I was going to book the tickets.  There stood out a particular hotel, because it just looked good and seemed to tick all the boxes.  On call doctor if necessary, in case Sparkles has an allergy attack.  Great big rooms, very modern looking, in a nice metropolitan area, perfect.  We had both ogled and liked the look of the place.  I said I would consider it and look at other places.  I had a drink last night so was not going to book anything online when I had a slight dizziness going.  You never know what you could end up with if you don't concentrate and have a clear head.  Anyway.  Tonight I booked it and rang Sparkles.  She in turn already knew exactly how many miles it was from the airport to the hotel, 18.  She had already put photographs of the hotel on her facebook account and she had done a little reading and told me about a nice little bar come cafe which has a dubious name but apparently is a great place to go.  I was a little taken back at this preemptive research, because she knew more than me.  But it really didn't matter, because once I'd booked it and then told Sparkling we were both ecstatic, both so very happy and bubbling over.  For now the little discussion, the meanderings, the wants, the needs, the on the boiler dream had become real.

Yes.  I am very happy indeed.  Providing sparkling doesn't decide on cashing in on the insurance and bumping me off the balcony while I have just spent the last three hours talking a load of cobblers.  No, I'm sure she wouldn't.... would she?

No comments: