Sunday, October 02, 2011

Exercise led to leg ache

I went to the gym this morning, the first time in about three months.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Probably on account of my doing the odd cycle now and again.  On the treadmill I even managed a reasonable on then off pace.  After an hour I finished.  Once showered I headed out and had to walk down some stairs.  Suddenly my thighs hurt like someone had strangled them with hot pokers.  Each stair was a pain, and under my breath I was repeatedly saying "ouch."  I suppose this is what they call memory muscle.  I remembered where they gym was and my muscles made me realise it.  Why was I going to the gym after such a long time you might ask?  Someone said I was looking fat and laughed at me with a snigger.  I wouldn't mind they weren't looking too thin themselves.  But the harm had been done and their words hit home.

So how do you motivate someone?  Tell them they're looking a bit bigger than normal.  Lucky I'm not an elephant.

No comments: