Saturday, October 22, 2011

A smell which was not there

Some time in the early hours of this morning I smelt something awful.  It came to mind the cat had used his dirt tray and must of done a particularly big dump.  A big stinky dump for it to have travelled through two doors, but drafts and dissipation of smells can act this way in a house.  I did my best to ignore the smell.  Thinking it wasn't really bad and it would go away.  I had to sleep and was too lazy to go downstairs throw his present out and then go back to bed.  In a sense I'm glad I took this decision.  Then I had to get up.  Being it was morning and made my way downstairs.  Funny I thought, the smell had sort of gone.  I opened the door saw the cat, saw his dirt tray and started to think something must be wrong with my brain.  There was no package left.  Just a piss he'd had but no dollop of smell.  Yet I had definitely smelled something.  So now I have a worry.  When will my brain go kaput and I keel over?  The signs seem to be there.  I also heard a high pitched whistling sound.  Tinnitus related I thought, which I'm sure I have also developed in the last five or six years.  But this tinnitus was not continuous, it buzzed on and off.  Almost like a Morse code message.  It was probably saying something like "you are going nuts Fatboy." 

As I piece together this puzzle I can't wait for my holiday.  It will not do me much good to keel over in Malta or the UK but at least I'll be warmer there and possibly a bit more relaxed.  Chilled.  And maybe not so paranoid.  I just hope I am not getting some mental illness.  Meltdown I can cope with, being completely nuts will just tip me over the edge.

No comments: