Monday, July 16, 2012

Another day of sneezing

This is the second day of all out cold symptoms, I've been sneezing like a wood pecker on amphetamines.  Then rapidly running out of tissues, drinking lots of herbal teas, getting different advise from people on what to take, one suggestion was Dragon stout, put in a pan warmed up on the stove and black pepper added.  I've never heard of this before and then I forgot the name and called it Dragon's Breath.  Quickly to be reminded of the correct name.  Getting into the Fish Factory early meant leaving early was on the cards.  It's silly really to think anyone can get away with not strapping an umbrella to their back in this weather we've had.  So it can be pulled out like a Samuri would reach for his sword.  It's a pity human's don't have glands which give off a wax on call.  Then we'd never have to worry about the rain.  If I recall rightly Dracula doesn't get wet in the rain, what a funny trait for vampires.  The echinacea pills have been popped like sweeties, the sooner they kick in the better, but then reading the bottle it states to take two to three of them up to five times a day, blimey talk about echinacea overdose.  A couple of paracetamol helped out this morning, but you are not suppose to have these with caffeine, the combination I've heard is not good for the liver.  Your own, not someone else's. 

I got to see the Talkatives yesterday and little Princess Talkative although only ten years old has taken on a growing spurt.  I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw her.  It's amazing to see children grow up so quickly, it always seems when you don't see them for a while and then you do they have changed.  They were great company and were mostly well behaved.  Well to put it another way Mrs Talkative didn't shout at all at them.  Which is the one thing of great annoyance, shouting at kids.  There should be some kind of law against it, it don't work, they carry on doing what they want to do so it's not worth it. Parenting skills is probably what is needed, compulsory ones followed up by the parenting police watching to see if they can handle children.  I really don't know how human kind has managed to survive with all the hang ups parents give to their kids.  Some you might think should never be allowed to have children but they do.  Other's want them but never can.  They bring a moment of happiness while young, and worry and company and all of those things in between.  The good thing though is if you're an uncle then you can give them back at the end of the day and remain the best uncle in the world.  I'm a moody old git so fortunately they don't get to see me being a strop.  But I do my best to curb it.  It's not nice being moody.

Sparkling has advised me she is going through the life change and it is official.  Blood results indicate she's got the menopause.  It accounts for the hot and cold flushes, the aches and pains.  She checked out a web site for symptoms and of 34 she had all 34 of them.  Sparkling then went on to tell me there was a help line for men and special help groups to get them through it as well.  Blimey I thought.  Not only do women go through it but men have to go through it as well, no wonder we get more sensitive as we get older.  It's one of those other things to think about.  There's always something to be bothered about, or not.  I advised the Oldest Talkative lad on girls, because he is in a relationship with a girl who is pregnant.  It seems she has him under her little finger, and she is keeping an eye on him.  It's not his child.  I don't think he realises how brave he is taking on the responsibilities, he probably hasn't thought about them at all.  He's probably just enjoying being a young man and having a girlfriend.  But what a hell of a learning period he is in for.  I told Sparkling about this and she at first thought I was the wrong person to advise anyone about women.  After giving my side of events, I think she came round to understand what I was saying.  Anyway any man who has been in a relationship for a number of years would of learnt something from it.  I hope all goes well with Older Talkative lad, he is after all just a lad and still likes to do lad like things, but will be thrown into the grown up world of real adulthood very soon.  They don't live together and have only been going out for three or four months.  It will be very much of watch this space and see what happens.  Whatever it is, it's definitely an adventure.  Good luck mate you will learn a great deal in a very short time.

The cold is here to stay for a few days.  I'll be happy when it lifts.  The Olympics are going to start in 11 days and everyone in London is gearing up for it.  Particularly the expected travel chaos it's expected to create.  I personally couldn't give tuppence for it because what the Olympics should be and what it has become are two very different things.  It is now dominated by sponsorship and real people can not afford to see it.  Something is wrong in the world.  It's said Londoners will be paying for the Olympics legacy for years to come, and we can't get a free seat.  Shame on  you IOC, and an even bigger shame on the sponsors.  Short term gentrification will descend on the East London area, which probably ranks as one of the most poverty stricken areas of London you can get.  Damn I'm getting depressive.

It's the cold and the rain which is doing it.  I should pop another pill and start checking out help sites for partners of women going through the menopause, just as Sparkling says.  It looks like I'm going to be having a learning experience as well.  Not another one, blimey.

No comments: