Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Looking good, or not?

I'm getting a little wary when someone says I am looking good and it's been a couple of months since I last saw them.  Then the time before they said exactly the same thing.  It's the cynical hat which gets dropped on my head.  Unfortunately sometimes when something is said you are not sure what to say or how to react to it.  I might of asked what was meant by it, the remark could of been innocent, or there could be an underlying barb.  If I were to look too deeply into it.  Heck I'd of preferred nothing said, then I would have no reason to get paranoid about my appearance.  Though I am desperately trying to get back my will power and self discipline.  Reading a book on willpower is helping me to understand it.  It can be exercised to make it stronger,  it can be used up because it is a limited resource and there are different kinds of willpower.  The willpower used for a short term goal of a few months or weeks is different from the willpower required for a life long effort.  Eating glucose when needed takes a roll as does making new good habits and breaking old ones.

Ok I'm feeling guilty because I need to lose weight, I should stop eating so much, simple, but difficult to put into practice.

No comments: