Friday, September 28, 2012

A Disconcerting Day

There have been a number of items I have found disconcerting today, because they just have without or with good reason.  Firstly in speaking very briefly to Sparkling she advised me how a task I failed to do had actually been done by Dangerous Sports Lad.  It was taking down a blind.  I wasn't sure at the time how much muscle I should use to get the thing down and advised Sparkling.  I was careful because I didn't want to break it, then if I did break it I would be responsible for replacing the thing.  In desperation I sort advice from Sparkling at the time, but of course this was just as good as making a cup of tea in a chocolate tea cup.  It's not because Sparkling's advise was unhelpful but more likely due to an inability to follow vague instruction and being a man.  Then another realisation come about me while I was speaking to Sparkling, for she had her speaker phone on and the conversation was then overheard by both Dangerous and Rock Chick.  I pang of minor embarrassment and stupidity was consequently magnified.
 
It probably all relates to the old chestnut of men thinking differently and seeing things in a different way than a woman.  Especially when it comes to DIY, this is a field usually left to men to supremely fail in, quite simply women don't engage in DIY and so they don't fail, but they do expect their men to do it.  The ability to do anything DIY related puts a man in his right place on the food chain.  Even if they haven't been born with a screwdriver in their hand men should know how to repair a hoover, fridge, dishwasher and car just by using a single cross thread screwdriver and nothing else.  As mentioned.  Our brains just work differently.  Except on this occasion Dangerous was able to succeed where I failed.  So he gets a brownie point and I get egg on my face.  Of course it also means this man is not so manly as well and is an affront to masculinity.  Hell, I'll put on on the stilettos and start checking out handbags next.  So quite reasonably this was disconcerting.

While at the Fish Factory I had to attend a training course on the new weights and measures health and safety Act introduced by the present esteemed government who lack more ideas and ability than many of the earlier governments we've ever had.  The bottom line has dawned, the UK will become a very difficult place for all the fish.  It will become impossible.  The new procedures of these Acts will ensure rioting in the streets.  Many ordinary human beings who live here will find extreme fish poverty will take place.  The other repercussions were along the lines of losing my job which has taken twenty years to get.  Not long then.  But with promotion which only takes place after someone dies it really is no wonder.  People are never given careers in relation to their ability, it's more down to endurance.  in fact the word career is a misnomer and should be replaced with something more apt.  Of which I can not think of at this moment.  Yes, disconcerting item number two.

Lastly my third disconcerting item is to do with the number of hits I have received on this blog.  Yesterday it was 190 and today it has so far been 238.  It is as though a relatively unknown, not very popular blog has become known.  Known by somebody.  So I am wondering if it is a blog stalker.  Who hasn't told me about it.  There have been no comments left at all.  As far as I know they could be stealing everything I have written, this is because the page views indicate it is someone, or persons in the Netherlands who has this curiosity to read my dribble.  They could be translating the page through their browser or improving their English.  Providing they don't steal my words it's OK.  Request a commission for an article and I'll give it a bash.  All currency accepted.  If on the other hand it is some lost granny who is trying to use the internet for the first time, then I'd say keep trying love, because this is not the knitting section and it's may not translate very well either.  I will now console myself on these disconcerting events and try to get a good night's sleep.  Probably with one eye open.

Leave a comment whoever you are, at least I wont feel so lonely, and in English.  Thanks.

No comments: