Saturday, January 05, 2013

A sleepless night and morning with Ms Insomnia

I was kept awake all night by a woman called Insomnia, and she was bad. Well it could of been thoughts of being back at work, the Fish Factory, and no Sparkling to cuddle up to last night. Without a doubt it was one of the worse episodes of insomnia I've had in a long time. I didn't even bother to look at the clock and gauge time. I just knew it was early morning, probably about 3 a.m. before I did sleep. Up late and then to work at 10 a.m., those fishes will be happy.

You always know it's going to be a difficult night because the usual methods used to trick your brain into sleep don't work. Telling yourself to relax, counting from one to ten and then really concentrating on sleep don't work. I also try the reverse psychology method. This is where you think about getting up, going downstairs and then making a cup of tea. Considering any option which means being in some way slightly active. You wouldn't want to do a marathon, just something light because the plan is to return to bed. Unfortunately the reverse psychology was a bit of a bummer as well. I could of easily got up, decorated the front room, done the Times crossword returned to bed and still would of had my eyes wide open. It was like I had gone to bed and had two or three expresso coffees first. Laying there was a token gesture to the hope sleep would happen. In Sparkling's house I have a crazy cat who loves me and treats me as his bitch to open doors and let him out for a night run. Here I have my own head. I'm attached to it and it will not do what I want it to do.

I just don't know how this sleeping lark works. I'm thinking I may have to do something radical and even exercise. Hell yeah! Exercise. I'll either have physical and mental exhaustion or turn insane. Then all i'll require is one lovely padded room, maybe that would help.

No comments: