Monday, January 07, 2013

Catch up with Layabout Lad and a question about action

I had a catch up session with Layabout Lad this evening. It was good talking to  him, he groaned about work and how one of the supervisors bullied members of staff. I said tell me his name and I would right to the company and say I witnessed him shouting at a member of staff. I'd copy in the company big wigs and tell them I'd think this was unacceptable behaviour. Unfortunately bullies usually win out in most organizations and there is very little done about them. Everybody knows who they are as well. Otherwise Layabout seems to be doing fine. His relationship with his new girlfriend is going well, but he doesn't want to commit himself to moving in with her, he just feels it would be too much. She in turn has hinted how she would like to have a baby, she's at that age where broodiness is kicking in. He says he must feel it and at this moment she's the one who has been doing all the pushing. Unfortunately, she's pushed a little too much. But they are still a couple, until that is either he or she has had enough of it. I don't know who will give out first.

I got home later than usual but still managed to put in a short session with Bertha. I'm beginning to wonder if Bertha's "action" is a bit difficult. The "action" is the distance between strings and frets, if too far away it can be difficult to change chords and to maintain them. I know someone at the Fish Factory who may give me advise on it. Three finger tips are now so calloused I could probably punch a hole through a brick with them, if the bones were strong enough. Bertha is either not making it easy or it's because I'm a novice. One way or another I'll find out or wring her bleeding neck. Not that it will matter to Bertha, Ukes are so inclined to either strum well or not to strum well. Yep, it's all down to the action, or the fingering, or both.

I slept better last night, but not by much. I still have to do some exercise to get to the log like state of sleep. Bertha isn't real exercise but she can help relax me. I better be careful or Sparkling will be getting jealous. Night all.

No comments: