Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy 2013, Day One

We got to bed at 4 a.m. this morning, Rock and Dangerous had the bed whilst I and Sparkling did the floor, with sofa cushions. Olly (The Cat) walked over us as he felt it necessary. Sometime I'm sure I slept. We had boogied the new year in at L & B man's/Revenues woman's front room. I drank too much but topped up the alcohol with four coffees a tea and two pints of water. It worked, no hangover, but tired as shit. Rock texted Sparkles at 10:30 a.m. with interrupted sleep I may have got five hours. Which reminds me I'd better search out Olly and wake him up. Don't want him meowing in too much comfort.

I think the Uke playing is coming along better, I can change chord with less effort. It's just remembering where they are and what they are called. I still haven't mastered the art of strum pattern. But there is a lot of pattern forming behaviours I'm learning, although not exactly what they mean. In psychology they call such patterns schemata, or muscle memory. Moving in sequences, but it's not just the pattern it is very much the timing. Timing, timing, timing.

Sparkling told me how she had wanted the latest Emilie Sandi album for Chrimbo but didn't get it. So while out on a walk and shop I picked one up for her. She says she will be nice to me all day long. I asked if this included playing the Uke, her face screwed up in a contortion as though she didn't realise what she had just said and didn't want to be further tortured by my tunes. Which reminds me of what Rock said last night. Accompanied by the line, don't piss off a pregnant woman. She was going to stamp on Bertha if I played one more tune, or attempt at one more tune on it. I pointed out this would be a cruel thing to do to someone's Chrimbo present. She didn't wear it, but I'd wear it if I carried on. She has such a short temper span, I'm surprised how Dangerous is still able to walk, I'm sure she's been tempted to break his legs, head, neck, depending on how she felt. As fro grows up she will no doubt push the boundaries of Rock's patience to levels she's never experienced before. Terrible two's for instance. Or when she's going out running and jumping in every puddle she can find and getting muddied up. Little fro will be a little tomboy terror, mark my words. She's got Dangerous as a Dad so she's gotta be.

I got told several times last night that I was fat. Once in a while it is like water of a ducks back but too many times and it feels like there's a message there. Well it's been Chrimbo and new year so it will happen. However, for 2013 things are going to be different, I feel motivated to slim down. Look out world the fat man will be less of a fat man as next year comes in.


No comments: