Monday, January 14, 2013

It's cold out and the diabetic is at it again

It seemed cold last night, no matter what position I got into there was a chill just on the edge of my nerves and I couldn't quite get a log like sleep. When I left the house this morning there was snow on the grass. It had melted from the pathways and roads, but was still settled on the tops of garages and wheelie bins this was a sign of how cold it had been last night.

But sleep hasn't been too bad over the last couple of days. Momma had been careful with her sugar intake, possibly because she had been asked to provide a urine sample. I get home and then find there an empty tin of mixed fruit segments in light syrup. In the last hour she has popped up to the toilet three times. I guess it must mean she did provide her urine sample, now it doesn't matter how much sugary foods she eats, all that matters is she will get the all clear on her sample and think she is a good little girl. Regardless of the long term effects on her health, let alone my own mental health. Tonight it may be back to the old routine, where she gets up every 30 to 40 minutes to urinate. I really can not put up with her consistent urinations throughout the night, I am getting mentally deranged by it. She is torturing me by not letting me sleep and she knows it. She knows it because she gets a disturbed sleep as well. What do you do with someone who is in total denial, or is unable to deal with a health condition in the way they should? I had thought of putting super-glue on the toilet seat, if she likes to piss, well, she may as well be stuck to the seat and not bother with doing anything else with her life.

I read diabetes is the silent killer. A lot of people have it and don't realise they have it. There are many synonyms, frequent urination, hunger, loss of weight, tingling in the extremities, yeast infections, blurry vision, itchy skin, slow healing, constant thirst etc etc. Momma eats a lot, has a constant thirst and so urinates a lot, so these ones stick out the most for now. Apparently weight loss occurs because the body eats muscle not fat to feed itself so it's a bad kind of weight loss. The craving for food is related to carbs, the more you want them the more you eat them and in turn the more you want them. Carbs are probably one of the most subtly dangerous food stuffs around. Now wonder actors like Brad Pitt no longer eat them. Perhaps I should give them up and will then cease to be fat and balding and become slim, long haired and a hunk. Move over Brad the competition is here. As if.

It will be cold again tomorrow, the forecast is snow. I'm going to have to get out those boots which hurt my ankles and try them on again. They hurt one ankle actually and it leads to me walking slowly because of it. I've been checking the shoe shops by my local ones just don't seem to have a style and type of boot I like. You have to try these things on, it's no good purchasing from the internet when it comes to shoes, they fit differently and size differently. The only person who makes money out of shoe purchases is the post man. Anyway, tomorrow is another day, things could change. The sun may come out and Momma's diabetes could disappear, pigs could also fly.





No comments: