Sunday, January 27, 2013

The snow is melting

The snow is melting at last, it may only be a few degrees but there's a constant trickle of water. The snowman I built with Sparkling in her garden has shrunken. This figure happened one intoxicating night, when Sparkling said it had to be done before celebrity big brother. She reminds me the snowman will forever be embedded in my memory. A little like a large snowball which had found its way down the back of my jeans, the revealing builders bum was too much of a temptation. Again something which had to be done as far as Sparkling was concerned. The sun even came out this morning, it was nice to see. As the weather warms up there isn't such a need for me to continue with my facial hair. Sparkling has grown used to it and thinks I look rugged, even though she comments the tash tickles. The snowman didn't have a tash by the way.

Last night Sparkling arranged a meeting with the son of a friend she used to know as a child. He emigrated to Australia when about ten years old. His son was now here in Scotland doing a European tour with his partner. It's funny how Australians do the travelling thing, they just get out see the world and renew family ties, perhaps more than those of us who still have family in the UK. They were a happy couple, Sparkling could not help put her hand on his partner's belly as she is about 14 weeks pregnant. Sparkling does this quite naturally, every time she sees Rock Chick her hand is on Rock's belly, it rests there while she senses any movement from  baby.  Maybe it's a maternal thing, or maybe she is sending some sparkling magic through her touch, which puts everyone at east. It's amazing to see young couples so excited over the experience of pregnancy, choosing names and what the future holds. Emotions and everything else gets thrown in. The Australian connection was good. It is always a little apprehension in meeting new people, but at the same time excitement. Unlike Rock they didn't know what the gender of their baby was but would like find out when they returned down-under. It's a shame they didn't get to meet Rock Chick and Dangerous, there were so many similarities between them.

Tomorrow I return to London. So it's the usual anti-climax and emotional upheaval. I found my mind wondering off to issues at the Fish Factory and life in London. Family there and family here. Sparkling remarked I tell her every day I love her when I'm here. This is true, when you find love you just can't help it. It's been a great time, Sparkles hit fifty, we had the biggest snow fall over the shortest time I can think of and a great deal of fun. Sparkles has even tolerated my Ukulele playing with Bertha. I am so lucky, which if I didn't know it Sparkles would tell me I am.


No comments: