Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Crocs in the water


The freebie paper today had a picture of a swimming pool in Australia, and in it was the biggest crocodile I have seen. Though I don't know what the scale of the pool was, the crock was big, very big. And there I am with my mild dose of Arachnia phobia, except for the friendly ones and there's some poor Aussy wondering if it's safe to dip into his own pool. I suppose a quick dip before breakfast might very well of been a breakfast in itself.

It could be an example of mankind encroaching into a land where he should not be, a wild which should be left solely for the wild. It makes me wonder if crocks suffer from Arachnia phobia's, I doubt it. The elephant comes to mind as well. Or the stereotypical notion elephants are scared of mice. Could it be true or just some trollop made up by a mouse who had an inferiority complex when the elephant knicked his cheese. As for cheese I'm sure mice prefer biscuits, but the biscuits are kept in a jar, it would be easier for and elephant to empty the jar. I can see a trunk wrapped round our biscuit jar right now. We're fortunate all these animals don't speak the same language.

Next time I pass a pool, I'll wonder if there's a crock in it. As long as he's not eating my biscuits, chatting to the mouse and passing the peace pipe with an elephant I should be OK. Boy don't mankind just take so much for granted lol.

No comments: