Thursday, February 15, 2007

Warm feelings


There are somethings which always seem to tap into my emotions when I see them. Things I just can't help myself but smile and feel happy about. It's a warm feeling. And of all the things happening in the world at this precise moment the warmth hits nothing really has much relevance. It's as though in a brief second the world has revealed itself and a kind of Nirvana experience ascends. Weird, but true.

Coming home on the train I had such a moment. I sat down and then noticed in the next set of seats in front of me a young boy of perhaps 5 or 6 years. His mother was a young girl back to me. She was fussing over her son. He stood there straight and just let her do what she had to do. Straighted his hood, made sure his buttons were done up, zip in place, gloves on hands. He looked at his mum with big brown eyes and a smile, he was happy just to let her prepare him for the next stop. I smiled and the warmth hit me. It's the same emotion which comes to me when I think of time spent with Sparkling Eyes. Something warm and beautiful just swaddles me. It's comforting to feel.

I got off the train and put on my MP3 player. Choosing UB40, and thinking to myself if I were not white, I'd be black. Because I just like a lot of black music. Reggae can be great to listen to, it might be something to do with the slow rhythmic beat which is said to be close resemble the heart beat. Whereas some music can make your heart race, reggae just has a chilling effect. Though I don't listen to it all the time. Then suddenly a track came on, the warm feeling hugged me it was "I need you babe." I had hopelessly tried singing a duo with Sparkling Eyes. Unfortunately vocal talents and memory have a migrating effect on me when they are combined. It must be one of those unique conditions some people have, where they can not remember words to songs and I got it. So, I read the words off a laptop and the track replayed several times. I was drunk I expect Sparkling Eyes was as well but it didn't stop us belting it out the words. Thing is even now I can't remember the bloody words. At least the feeling was there to trespass onto my casual existence now.

Think I'll get myself one of those tea cosy hats, with bright colours unfortunately I don't have the hair for dreadlocks, never mind the hat will do nicely.

No comments: