Saturday, March 14, 2009

Laugter during sleep

It's no wonder I am not getting an entirely good sleep. Because I've been talking in my sleep, but it don't stop there, apparently a good laugh bellowed from my vicinity. It's good to know there is such a thing as happy dreams. Maybe it's connected to a realisation I had the other day about life. Maybe though sleep laughing is a new phenomena, something which should be researched for there could be a lot of people out there who would like a piece of the action. Were I to wake up in the middle of the joke it could be recounted later in the day. Providing its possible to remember what the joke was in the first place. Checking Google it seems a lot of people do laugh in their sleep and there is even a book on Amazon with the title "laughing in my sleep" but it's a autobiography so there's no information about what this event means.

Dreaming is a symbolic thing, and very difficult to interpret. Part of me feels fearful searching for an interpretation because when it comes to dreams what is dreamt is the opposite to the interpretation. However, it's said even in sleep the ability feel any emotion is still present. So if you are laughing then the dream must genuinely be funny. There's a video of someone laughing on YouTube and this woman actually wakes herself up from it. See the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQm-6guQAcc

So although my existence and popularity on this planet may preclude me from going to parties, clubbing, taking illegal drugs are getting overly pissed; the one thing I have got and other's don't, especially when stoned, is the ability to laugh in my sleep. For which I am satisfied.

Though I may not do so much laughter tonight, because of this illness which is making me delirious. Sparkling is having the same problem. She told me on the phone, and together we coughed in unison, my throat is killing me and I'll probably hit the hay early. Just in case there's another joke I need to dream about.

No comments: