Sunday, March 08, 2009

Sleep and a cat's karma

Went to bed at 3:30 a.m. it's not my usual time but Rock Chick had decided to have a party. Teenagers everywhere. I and Sparkling had been told to vacate the house. So we went off to see a film and came back when the party was in full swing. I entered the kitchen for some reason and at the sink was one of the lads. He'd just taken the Scotch Bonnet challenge but was only able to take half of one. He was drinking water. I helped him out by suggesting milk. Somehow I ended up laying on the bed and guarding the room from another amorous teenager doing his best to lure his girlfriend into an arachnoid trap. Unfortunately for him it did not work.

Dangerous Sports lad was pie eyed, he kept apologising for being in this state and tried to show how innocuous Tequila is, I watched as he took a hit. About ten seconds later he was in the garden puking. Perhaps the Tequila was a bit stronger than he had anticipated, or maybe it was the numerous bottles of Budweiser he'd drank earlier. Rock Chick seemed to be doing a lot of mingling with her friends and enjoyed the whole occasion. I am sure I heard all the girlies singing and probably dancing to one of Beyonce's songs. At some point they all decided it was time to go to bed and so my bedtime coincided with theirs.

The alarm went off at 7:30 a.m., I could not turn it off and ended up passing it to Sparkling who also could not turn the thing off. The evil red digitised box refused to be agreeable. Consequently the plug got pulled and it solved the problem. However, the cat decided it was time to get up, eat breakfast and be a general nuisance. If I hadn't known otherwise I'd of thought he howled like a dog, but I know he's a cat, the purring gives it away. I figure I had 5 or 6 hours sleep, but disturbed.

Fortunately I've learnt how to pace myself, and am able to do so at times. I have learnt if you can't sleep, just relax, you can always catch up later. Not always, but sometimes. Come morning all would be quite different for the teenie bunch, they all need sleep. The long hours would of taken their toll on everyone of them. Rock Chick was grumpy in the morning but said it was me who was grumpy. Nope my bear was sleeping, so I was not grumpy, but if enough people say you are grumpy then they will make you grumpy. And in those circumstances it's easy meeting their expectations in a self fulfilling prophecy. I wasn't.

Rock took a tizzy at me and decided not to speak to me anymore. Just because I had moaned about an empty crisp packet next to Dangerous Sports lad. He didn't take it in a bad way at all, Rock did. Perhaps she was over sensitive on account of lack of sleep and saw the situation as something it was not. It's a shame such misunderstandings come about. Wars could easily be waged. I got to think maybe she couldn't read me. Anything else I'd say would be taken the wrong way, where you can't do right for doing wrong, so why bother. I'm sure she will talk to me tomorrow. After catch up on sleep.

I think the cat enjoys my company. Sparkling says it's my job to run to the cat's every need whenever I am here. He thinks so as well. To prove it when I tried to ignore him he attacked me sometime early in the morning. News I'm sure Rock would laugh at, I let out a loud yell of pain. His claws went into the palm of my hand, it was dangling over the side. This is enough to make one grumpy. I took him downstairs, passed various sprawled bodies of teenagers on the floor and fed him. In a wicked streak, I decided to close the kitchen door, I knew he'd soon be meowing loud and clear and one of those teenies would have to let him out in the garden. The thought was wicked I know. In reality sounds to me the cat got his own back on us all. Poor thing, he was cringing under a bed most of the time the noise and party was on. Sparkling has mentioned karma today in a discussion. Yep, if such a thing exists this cat got his karmic revenge on all of us. Now to see if he'll let me sleep. Night all.

No comments: