Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sounding a bit horse

Today I ventured out, and walked to the shops, well the paracetamol has nearly dried up and fresh air is supposed to be good for you. Except it felt like I was drunk, swaying from one side of the pavement to the other, pillow to post, back and forth then the odd bout of coughing. The glue ear has about disappeared, but still a mild sore throat and waking up with a headache. The walk did me good and I promised myself not to turn on the TV or even log onto the Internet until after mid day. It worked. I read a few pages from a book I've got on the go and tried to remind myself the value of intellectual stimulation from good reading material. Perhaps it was the fresh air as well, brain cells run faster with fresh air.

Just spoken to Sparkling on the phone and she now has a horse speech I've not heard for a long time. However, she don't have a sore throat which is good news. Rock Chick picked up the phone first and could not believe it was me speaking, to my detriment all she seemed to do was laugh, between my own horse voice and coughing. How cruel can someone get, considering the germs probably originated from Rock Chick and Dangerous Sports lad. They in turn spread them to Sparkling and Sparkling spread them to me. It's a what's mine is yours situation, of course the reverse happens as well. I kept the conversation with Sparkling to a minimum because I was feeling guilty oft making her throat worse. She has to work again tomorrow. I don't know if I will be able to make it to the fish factory, I'll just have to see how I feel in the morning. You get to learn no on is indispensable.

Tomorrow's routine. Wake up, as you do then see if I feel better after a bit of breakfast. Then make a decision. Vegetate with illness or go to fish factory.

No comments: