Friday, March 13, 2009

My throat

For some reason today has dragged by and all the time my throat has been killing me. It is sore, not just sore, it is very sore. Thanks to Sparkling passing on her illness. The other day it felt like I was swallowing razor blades. So I end up overdosing on throat lozenges. I wake up in the mornings and seem to be guaranteed a headache. One morning I even considered taking the day off sick, the thought of just laying in bed and being incapacitated, just letting this thing have me occurred. But I would of got up after a couple of hours, it would of been a wasted day. I'm weary of wasted days, you have only so much time on this earth so it's best to use it. This evening I went to the gym, and there I fight low motivation. This throat thing is pulling me down, however, it has not won out, I have managed to hit the gym with a reduced and easier work out. For doing something, no matter how little exercise it is, is better than nothing. I'm having disturbed sleeps. The cat jumps about at some unearthly hour and walks over the bed while I dose then wake up. I say to myself as I lay there "just relax, be tired, let yourself sleep" so I chill and don't get all crazy at the cat because it wouldn't solve anything. If it's not the cat then it's something else which will disturb my sleep. A cough now and again. The feeling I have a tennis ball stuck in my throat as I try to swallow saliva. I wonder if my jowls are swollen and I have tonsillitis or something. I hope my tongue doesn't swell up and choke me to death while I sleep. No wonder it's is disturbed. A piercing pain goes through my temples hits and then runs away. It's no good worrying about it, I let it alone but it don't leave me alone. If only we were made with two mouths and throats. If one got ill at least we could rely on the other to work.

Sparkling tells me, both she and Rock Chick are not so good either. They have probably given me the lurgies. Misery likes company they say. But I didn't realise this included being ill. Better look for another lozenge then bed. Luckily beds are reliable unless they are missing one wheel. Yes. Mines missing a wheel, I got the fourth wheel and have to put it back in again. It fell out when it was moved. I think I'd rather lose a wheel than have a throat full of glass, a head being obliterated by and electric drill and a cough. Pitty I'm not as reliable as a bed. Think I'll hit the bed now. Night.

No comments: