Thursday, March 05, 2009

Strawberry cheesecake and Sparkling Traps

I am presently enjoying the company of Sparkling and sometimes even Rock Chick, depending if Dangerous Sports lad is about. If he is then he's the only thing Rock has time for and everyone else is an accessory. Sparkling in the meantime has set various traps for me and I've fallen into each one she has set. Feet first shall I add, and adding one of my own doing, which was rather silly. I'll explain.

During shopping some weeks ago I came across a novel device. It's a large red button with "bull shit" written on the top. Each time it is depressed a voice yells out in one of several various sentences proposing something is bull shit. It can be used any time an answer is given and the answer doesn't seem genuine in some way. Now what I should of done was give this to Sparkling midway in my week, or later, because now it is being used against me. So in some respects this is a self inflicted trap, but still an ideal Sparkling type of trap. The next trap was the pot cupboard. Here a stack of pots and pans had been put away in the Sparkling style. This is without regard to tidiness and they are basically stored just to get them out of eyesight. I had to venture in this cupboard. The door opened and they fell out at my feet. About an hour later I'd re stacked and thrown away some unused items. The third trap happened to be a broken window blind which continuously thrashed about because it was broken, whereas my last encounter with it, it stayed in place when the strings were pulled. Now it didn't, it just thrashed about at any opportunity like a conger eal being caught at the very moment it had a headache. Dealing with the window blind late at night just before bed nearly did me in. It very nearly had me delirious. Yes, a Sparkling trap, because if it is broken and I touched it then it is my fault.

In the meantime today L & B man has decided to put don his apron and have an episode of Come-Dine-With-Me. We've been invited to dinner. He's cooking something, possibly steak I have yet to verify this. However, Sparkling and I are doing the desert. A beautiful strawberry cheesecake. Homemade. Unfortunately after checking out the recipe online, it seems the base has takes a whole night before to be chilled properly. Consequently we have cheated. Running down to Tesco's and choosing an already made one instead. We were going to pretend the Tesco one was home made, but in true style Sparkling gave up the information in one telephone call. This must of been in the middle of her allergy attack. When her skin had erupted into a strawberry rash. Maybe the rash was her conscience saying she should not tell little fibs. In the mean time today I have been walking about with a limp, having hit my big toe with some force in Sparkling's garden. It don't look strawberry in colour, choosing a kind of bruised black look instead on account of it coming from a Sparkling trap not an embarrassing being caught out on a little fib situation.

Rock Chick is now back from School and has noticed me. Except to my detriment. I was the one who ate the strawberry chocolate and only left one piece. Now I did want to eat it all but Sparkling stopped me. I had thought eat the lot and there would be no evidence left then she might not of noticed. But she has, and now I have to replace it. Odd how some things catch up where is the distracting boyfriend when he's needed?

No comments: