Sunday, March 22, 2009

Mothering Sunday with Ms Novak

With the residue effect of flu I spent the day indoors. Being Mothering Sunday, not Mother's day as some might call it, I then went on to make lunch, roast chicken, with fantastic roast potatoes. And to finish I did all the washing and wiping up, so Big Mama could enjoy the day. It's unbelievable how long it takes to get rid of a lingering virus.

This evening I was treated to an old movie with one of my favourite female stars, Kim Novak. Made in 1962 and co stared Jack Lemmon. It was called The Notorious Landlady, made in black and white and pretty entertaining in comparison to a lot of codswallop which is passed of as movies now days. Novak looked fantastic. I read a little about her and was surprised to find she went out with Sammy Davies Jr for a year. She got bad publicity for it, because America at the time was suffering from a worse racial prejudice than it does today. The film was set in London which made it all the more appealing, especially seeing the odd clips of cars and traffic. So there is some minor historical appeal. Apparently Ms Novak was the film makers response to Marilyn Monroe, I can see this. She played a great part in Vertigo, very fetching. Anyway enough of Ms Novak, for the time being.

Roast potatoes are a pretty close second.

No comments: