Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Snotty nosed youth runs against fat man

I wonder if it is a testosterone thing.  When a man sees another man and then must try and outdo them.  Or it could be a competitive thing.  Who's better than who?  Except for Who on first base or was it second?  So I got on the running machine and started the belt.  About half way through the session some young upstart who didn't have a pimple on his face, or a fat belly and actually had hair on his head then got on the machine next to me.  The little shit.  It didn't bother me to start of with because all he did was walk a lot.  I was well out running him.  I looked over at the display and thought how could some little shit like this be so unhealthy in the good old days when I was his age the running belt wouldn't be able to keep up with my pace.  He then decided to up the ante.  Pressing his finger on the little upward pointing triangle.  So the belt begins to revolve faster and faster.   It now hits two or three kilometres an hour faster than my own.  I think to myself he is just trying to show off, I check the time on my own display and try to mark it in my head.  Noting how fast he is going and guess this kid isn't going to last more than one minute at most because he just hasn't shown the form with all his walking.  Pretty faced nice skinned little shit.  So I carry on jogging away and am feeling a little tired because I'm running at a faster than normal rate.  The shit still is going away from me on his machine.  The one minute mark passed.  The two minute mark passed.  Then it happened.  He gave way and could not sustain the pace much more than three minutes.  I knew it.  Just a flash in the pan little runt, he may have youth and beauty but he just don't have the legs and lungs.  My only annoying thing is I am presently unable to run at the fast rate he did for a three minute duration.  But I will.  The little shit.  I'll get there and I'll keep pace with him and rather than slowing down to a walk I'll just gently ease down to a jog then stick two fingers up to him.

No comments: