Sunday, January 01, 2012

First dull day of 2012

The first day of 2012 has meant being stuck indoors because of incessant rain outside.  The moment it stops raining the sky has become dark and I don't feel like going out.  I'm starting to stew, soon this could turn to Cabin Fever.  I could commit murder just to keep myself busy for there seems little else to do.  I think my eyes are on the blink again as one eye is having problems focusing.  There is no reason to pick up a book and read because it is forced and not chosen.  I heard by text this morning how Rock Chick had dipped her toes in the cold water of the sea in aid of charity as an event for the first day of the year.  I congratulated her and then she replied next year it would be my turn.  Yes, sure thing I thought, not.  At this moment flu like symptoms came over me, a headache, dizziness and I wondered if I'd fall over any moment.  Flu or pneumonia, or both.  Dangerous and Rock were lucky there is no snow, next year could be worse.  I'll promise to dip my toes in, providing I'm in a different hemisphere.  One where even in winter you get to see a little bit of sun light.  No sunlight equals doom and gloom.  I'll be jumping under every light bulb I can find to try and top up those missing vitamins.  Was it A or D, or even E?  Though I'm not entirely sure artificial light is quite the same as real sun light.  It might help.  Fingers crossed.

A quick phone call to Sparkling, she is indoors as well, having got home just after seven in the morning.  She rose at one in the afternoon.  How can a person go so long without sleep?  She is tired, I don't blame her, I'd be a complete zombie if I got home that time of the morning.  I must admit to being a sleep whore today, waking up at eight, having breakfast and going back to bed for another couple of hours.  Followed by a weird dream of being a body guard with a sub machine gun, protecting a client who was on someones hit list.  You can guess it was an action dream and quite entertaining, better than being at the cinema.  At least in your dream nobody can answer their mobile phone and talk through it.  Unless you happen to dream it.  Mind, with my sub machine gun I think they would of soon stopped chatting away.  Oh well, must do something with myself.  A short walk, anywhere, it don't matter where, just to break the cycle of boredom followed by car crash TV.  Those American made for TV movies have made my head turn to mash potato.  OK for lunch but not so good when you go out on a wet day.

No comments: