Thursday, January 26, 2012

A momentary Oompah Loompah

A few days ago I was dressed as an Oompah Loompah, one of those little men from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory films.  Comments were made, I fitted the costume well with my belly sticking out, the orange face make-up was good as well.  I looked like the genuine article and completely mistaken for a real Oompah Loompah.  Sparkling was similarly in fancy dress, her's was Princess Fiona from the film Shrek, but in her ogre state.  She looked wonderful as the princess.  From three days of partying and little sleep I then headed back to London and look back on a wonderful moment of mistaken identity, now I'm back in the world of the real.  However, being an Oompah Loompah for a short time was satisfying.

It's a pity my princess is now a few hundred miles away.  The next time I see Shrek though she's sure to come back to mind.

No comments: