Saturday, January 07, 2012

Too many drinks and the yo yo effect

Last night I had one too many to drink.  Overstretching my usual number of pints.  I'm not a big drinker but it just seemed to slip down so easily, the first was for my thirst, the second had to chase the first, the third had less of a run and more of a trot, the fourth had a dandy walk and the fifth had a snail as for mentor and zeal.  I walked out of the gold fish bowl not so much with one foot in front of the other but like I wanted to ice skate on sold ground.  At this point I was so chilled, so happy, so relaxed I would of easily told the entire pub I loved them all.  I got home, had a cup of tea and went to bed.  Woke up at four a.m. with the room spinning like a yo yo, no, my head spinning like a yo yo on psychedelic drugs and a couple of health drink stimulants.  So went downstairs and got a large beaker of orange to help hydrate my system and climbed up the stairs again.  I pondered with the idea of taking a headache pill as a precaution because this spinney head thing might mean I'll soon be a member of the walking dead society.  I then woke up for breakfast late, fortunately without the worse hang over in the world.  More of a third grade hangover which can be coped with.  My bigger girth likely played a part of inoculation.  There are instances where a pot belly can have it's advantages even if it is a sign of an ever increasingly bad lifestyle.

In recalling the evening I sent a text message to L & B man telling him I loved him.  I also text messaged Sparkling, maybe three or four times in my inebriated state.  Giving her updates as I counted the downed pints.  She sees these messages with amusement, but has learnt not to answer the phone to me when I am pissed, because every drunk talks gibberish to someone who is sobre.  It's not just a matter of interpreting speech their topics of discussion hold no attention even if the drunk thinks they are funny.  Like a comedian who laughs at their own jokes. Not very funny..

I don't know why this keyboard is so unsteady, it's like my desk is on an ocean liner.  I'll get over it and another cup of tea will help.  It's just a matter of keeping my head as stationary as possible so as not to upset the balancing liquids in my inner ear.  I have to keep my caffeine level up and intake of non alcoholic liquids, of course.  Chilled fresh air from an open window seems to be helping.  Things to do today: get hair cut, train ticket, and life jacket for this bloody liner.

No comments: