Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dieting is difficult

I can't help eating, in fact it is one of the things I like to do, eat.  The way I'm going I'll be one of the real tubbies you see on TV in a few years time.  But it's difficult.  It could be there is a part of my brain which has not been wired right.  Unfortunately this would be a recent event and I must say I haven't been on an operating table having a bit of brain surgery either.  Maybe it's a chemical thing.  I just need the right chemicals and my body is craving for me to eat something which it wants.  Today I had pie and chips for lunch.  I got  home and then had a piece of blackcurrant pie, a steak and kidney pie, a packet of crisps, a strawberry donought, another packet of crisps and two cups of tea.  The tea went down nicely as well.  But the junk food was there, on the side.  It was there so I ate it.  If it weren't there then I wouldn't eat it.  But I did and it is too late now because it's already in my belly mostly digested and working it's way around my waist.  Another inch on.  It only took half an hour to consume at a leisurely pace.  There seems to be no way out, no solution.  I know what I've got to do.  Change my eating habits and change my lifestyle.  Such easy words to say, but when temptation is put right in your face it's difficult to restrain.  My resistance is futile.  Help, someone help.

Breakfast tomorrow.  Think I'll lay of the pies, one piece of toast and a cup of tea, I hope.

No comments: