Thursday, May 17, 2012

Nasty thing called text enhance and some silver paint

For some completely unknown reason words I typed began to have links attached to them.  I don't know how this happened but a nasty little piece of software called "text enhancer" had somehow got installed on my PC.  I wouldn't mind, it was like someone on my shoulder was adding advertisements all over the place.  I would then go and re edit the post removing the word with another similar word.  But this recalcitrant little bugger would come back again and underline a different word.  It seemed I was losing the war, until I did a search on Google to find out what the thing was.  Then I found a video on YouTube and after watching this it only took a couple of minutes or less to get rid of the thing.  It was a complete imposition and in my mind completely illegal.  I didn't ask for it, want it or understand how it had got on my PC.  I run an anti virus software program and Superanitspyware but neither seemed to do the trick.  The video I saw indicated this is a program which attaches itself to your browser.  If I were a programming genius this would be the kind of thing I'd track down and find a way of attacking by my own super powered piece of software.  The company who produced it would be in big trouble.  How can they think it is legal to invade another person's intellectual property with their adverts?  Which is the problem, they don't think.  If I were a multimillionaire I'd have my high powered hot shot legal team on to it.  I'd be lobbying government.  All I can say, is, whoever you are you nasty "text enhance" people you're bloody lucking I'm none of the above.

On a slightly different note.  Sparkling has got her hands on a pot of silver paint.  Which means anything not moving is getting painted silver.  She seems to be deliriously happy about this as well.  A door, plant pot, wall heater and chicken shaped earthen ware have all been given the silver treatment.  Maybe I should ask Sparkling if she'd like to do some text as well.  I advised she go into the garden and take a couple of deep breaths outside.  Just in case it is something to do with the paint fumes.  She did complain of feeling slightly light headed.  Or dizzy, or both.  Maybe it's a painting high, a bit like an exercise high which I've not had for a long time.  I exercise my right not to exercise.  But I to am deliriously happy as well, because Sparkling is in my life awe.  Not because I like silver paint although it's a good reason to have glasses with reactive lenses in such circumstances.

No comments: