Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Chrimbo time, look out for the merry fat man

Christmas is nearly here, I must admit to not being quite bothered about it. There's other things on my mind. Besides Sparkling evading my phone calls, pulling my leg, and occasionally helping to make me an emotional wreck, I've now got Rock Chick doing it as well. In her case it is by proxy. With a bun in the oven, the succeeding emotions of a little "fro" in this world seems to be making me emotionally unstable. I know Sparkles is going through the change of life but nobody said it effects men as well. So the fat man in red with a white beard, really has little effect on me. Babies and soppy films however do. Way too much. I repeatedly ask Sparkling the question "what is happening to me?" She doesn't know the answer but laughs when these things called emotions get a hold of me again. I hear Dangerous is having similar issues as Rock tells me he now sets of greeting (crying) over silly things which would of had no effect on him before the prospect of fatherhood.  Hell, every man Rock has contact with seems to be having some ongoing emotional episode. Maybe she's giving off some kind of I-am-pregnant-hormone. One which just makes men drop their guard of manliness and become more girlified. I just really didn't know it would be so draining at times.

I'm not in any form of Christmas cheer, but I am happy and content and emotionally unbalanced for the previous listed reason. I also am affirming more my belief in the non-belief option of this world. So one lazy excuse for not sending out Chrimbo cards is I don't believe in it, another is I haven't got any to send. This week is going fast, it's almost half way. Then next week and full count down to the end of the year. I'll be in Scotland on Saturday, taking the low road and the high road. Curtisy of East Coast main line. Which used to be GNER and in-between the two it was National Express. I suppose asking the fat man if he could re-nationalise the railway would be too much to ask. Even if it would be the right thing to do. For me it would be, but I'm sure there are a lot of commuters out there who feel the same. A bit like chess. Sometimes the hardest move to do and to understand is to move a piece backwards. It's rarely ever done, but usually there is good reason for it. It can be like losing a move. In this case I don't think it would be. No, the merry fat man won't do it, because he is probably one of the people who wanted it privatised. The fat belly is a result of too many mince pies. Just like the politicians. There's always room for more.

Tomorrow is Wednesday. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: