Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Moustache versus politicians

There are some Fishes at the Fish Factory who have not seen my moustache, consequently when they do get to see it they have to comment. Usually it is not along the lines of "what is that caterpillar doing on your upper lip" or "have you ran out of razors" but rather they say, "I didn't recognise you at first." It is like the Moustache has changed my face to the extent I am nearly but not quite unrecognisable.  Certainly no at a glance. It's unexpected.  Unlike our Chancellor of Exchequers Georgie (Boy) Osborne, who I believe if walked down the street wearing a dress and carrying a handbag would still be recognisable because this is an image I get of him every time I see him.  I'm sure he is a transvestite in private.  Personally, I'd rather be unrecognised with a moustache than a recognisable tranny. Even if I had the power of the County's finances.  Lets not forget the right honourable Eric Pickles who must of been a butcher in an earlier life because I can see him quite clearly in a white coat, straw butcher's hat and a wrapped up pound of sausages in his hand.

If I were to describe my moustache I'd say it was a Mexican for sure. It has the Mexican look about it which could only be completed by a Mexican hat, which I do not possess. Of course there are some politicians who could never grow a moustache, Nick Clegg being one.  It would not suit him. Some moustache wearers have given the humble moustache a bad name, dictators. They have unfortunately been associated with the moustache as a power thing, opposing this I'd say those poor moustaches were out of their little furry minds and didn't know what they were doing. Saddam was one of them.  Quite rightly he is no longer with us, which was not because of the moustache but because he was a nasty man in every way. A little like Nick Clegg who has gone back on his party's manifesto promises more times than the reverse lights on a car. It is a fact politicians lie to get into power and then pretend they didn't mean what they said when they said it.  There is no good reason, they just like to feel important and important feeling people don't do what they say if it is not to their personal advantage. Nick is a man who has no moustache, so I could equally ask how come bare faced liars are not generalised to every bare faced man? No doubt this is because it would be an absurd over generalisation. But it is certainly a reason for the promotion of facial hair for men, and women if they are able.

Yes let us not forget women. For they to have facial hair and do their best to ensure it is not noticed. I am sure Margaret Thatcher had to shave every day, and possibly twice a day. It was said she had more facial hair than her husband. Of course only he could tell the full story of why his razors were always blunt when he went to use them. Because women don't have moustaches it doesn't mean they would be ugly things to have, it just means fashion hasn't yet caught up with a very natural phenomenon. Angelina Jolie is rumoured to have a tash. Yes, it's true, I wrote it myself three seconds ago. My moustache is growing on me. In more ways than one, i'm getting to like it. It makes demands on me, requires trimming every couple of days and I have to be careful of eating food which can get attached to it. But it doesn't charge me taxes and keeps part of my face warm. My tash is here to stay, well for the moment, about as long as the coalition government will remain in power, and in the light of all things political that will likely be brief. The briefer the better.


No comments: