Sunday, December 23, 2012

First night out and a bit of a drink

Last night I was out on the town. or rather having a piss up in a couple of local pubs. I'd arrived a few hours earlier and then it was a matter of being hauled out with L & B man and Crazy Carpenter.  Mr Crazy Carpenter loves to get completely blotto, L & B man loves to have a drink and let his hair down. Then there's the one who can only drink three pints before getting pissed, moi. So with this in mind I made sure three or four rounds I'd knock back Cola rather than Guinness, a wise decision, even if it resulted in L & B callling me a Fanny. Which he did a few times. There were a few comments about the moustache I'm now wearing.  Sparkling of which thinks I can not be taken seriously while it is on my face. She wants it moved to a place far away. Even though I said I liked the Tash and wanted to keep it so at least Rock Chick could see it. So some reactions are not quite as anticipated, but hell, if a man wants to wear a Tash it shouldn't have to become a major incident, unfortunately it is.

We went to two different pubs. The first one we sat and talked. Carpenter has a way of facial expressions to deliver his points, these and profuse swearing. He works very hard so this maybe why he enjoys a lads night out. He can be funny, the only problem I have is understanding what he says. His accent is even worse L & B's, but I am getting better at understanding Scottish in all forms it comes in. It has to do with familiarity. To the extent I moan to Sparkling how radio commercials are in an English accent and not a Scottish accent. No wonder Scots are fed up with the English.

The second put was a lot more lively. There was a karaoke, drunk people went up and sang songs. Fortunately the man who was doing the karaoke was a good singer and he kept filling in so there was constant music, it was great fun. I would of loved Sparkling to have been there as well, she would of loved it. Her voice isn't the best karaoke voice, but I know she would of had a lot of fun. It has been raining constantly in Scotland for the last few days and after being thoroughly pissed I decided to just head back to Sparkling's pad. Through the poring rain. I left L & B there as he was talking to someone, and as for piss head Crazy Carpenter, well nothing he said made any sense and he'd been farting the worse smelling farts all night. I know mine could be bad but he's beat my odours easily. At one point I told him to go and evacuate his bowels. I don't know if he did, but there was an improvement. or rather I was avoiding him even more.

It was a good night out. In 24 hours I'd had about 4 hours sleep so the rest of the evening Olly the cat toyed with waking me up and being demanding. I'm now walking about not sure if I should be in a coma or not. I ran upstairs and woke up Olly a couple of times so he knows what it is like being interupted while trying to get shut eye. Unfortunately, so far the cat is winning. He just gets jealous, who would of thought a cat can get jealous, but they do. Certainly in his case. I wonder if he'd like a night on town, he might not be much company but a glass of milk for a round wouldn't be too expensive. And I'd likely get back not drunk either.

No comments: