Friday, December 28, 2012

Who's shot is it anyway?

Last night I was treated to the full attention of both Rock Chick and Sparkling Eyes. The worse part of it was they were both looking for some entertainment. Usually I am lucky and am not in the position of being the main item on the menu. It's not a matter of ducking and diving but rather of someone else being there to take the heat instead. Which really is more the role for Dangerous Sports Lad. Last night the dice was thrown and it came up with my number on it. Both were in various stages of boredom, Dangerous unfortunately had to hit work. What I did get to see was how Rock Chick had trained Dangerous. He doesn't bend as much as Rock would like. It is humorous to watch.  I could see Rock's will being tested as she expected Dangerous to jump when he didn't, her face gave it all away. The evil eye and tense jaw. When he had left for work she confided how she felt like beating him up because he didn't do as she said. Dangerous had not listened to her again and then had to deal with the consequence of not taking her very good advice.

From somewhere the question was asked, "how about having some shots?" I don't know who said this but the game had began. The first shot was called a lemon drop, it was written on the shot glass as well. Lemon juice, vodka, a slice of lemon and the rim of the glass dipped in sugar. It was very sweet sugar. The juice settled in the bottom of the glass and I was required to suck the lemon afterwards. Down in one, gone, but I couldn't help the screwed up expressions on my face with both sweet and sour. I tried to play my Chrimbo Ukulele called Bertha but it was hard going. Alcohol definately helped to relax my strumming and chord change but it wasn't the only effect. I was getting drunk. But I saw Sparkling also downing the same number of shots I was, the same shots in fact. I thought to drink water, lots off it. So every couple of shots ran out into the kitchen filled up large beaker and downed at least a pint. I thought to myself Sparkling was going to have a hell of a head in the morning with all these shots. Hopefully it would not be so bad with the pints I was knocking back. With the alcohol my emotions were out of control. I cried, I laughed. Sparkling and Rock both cried with laughter at me. They listened to my dribble finding it entertainment. I reached for the beaker of water, but it had a strange taste to it. Someone had spiked my water, there was definitely a gin like taste. Not too bad either. I knocked it back.  At about mid night or nearly mid night I went to bed.

The night was full of frequent visits to the toilet, all that water had to come out and did on an hourly basis. I was dizzy, very dizzy and hoped there would be no hangover. Oliver the cat pestered as usual to be let out, in and out again and again. I'm now used to sporadic sleep and sporadic not sleep. The thought of Sparkling having a hang-over even made me chuckle. Yet I had not considered the power of Rock and Sparkling together, a power which can not be denied, one which is full of mischief.

In the morning Sparkling confessed all. She'd only had one or two shots to the ten I'd drank. Rock was dealing her with water and diluting juice. My water had been spiked, I had become the fool. Why on earth did I let Rock Chick serve the drinks? What was wrong with me? In classic double act fashion they had worked, I was more malleable than putty. When the two are together no man is safe. I certainly wasn't. Next time I'll poor my own shots. Where is Dangerous when you need him? His function as fall guy had befallen on moi.

Lemon drops anyone?

No comments: