Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Custard Pies

While at a meeting several custard pies were thrown, some this way, some the other way, some on boomerangs. But all they did in the end was just make a mess and everyone who was not involved, who really saw them as tedious. So a vote took place stop the custard tart throwers continuing and they did stop. The meeting had ended at this point.

Anything involving people has a political edge to it. Which will at some time result in a Pie or two being thrown. Because as human beings we take offence, have dislikings and misunderstandings. Of course they can be avoided and so can the pie throwing. But it's very difficult because of human nature. In the end it comes down the the "HOW" of doing something, the manner and way. The protocol. If not written then it's about sensitivity, neutrality and politics. On the other hand sometimes a Pie just has got to be thrown, there's no beating about the bush, and someone is going to get hit fair and square in the face. We all make mistakes though, even an Uncle to his little nephew.

I saw Little Monster Boy this evening and bought him a sketch pad in which he could draw Doctor Who to his contentment. Being a silly Uncle I'd forgotten to get him one when I'd bought him some colouring pencils as part of his Crimbo presents. He told me off, throwing his custard pie right in my face. I was ashamed. My duty was clear - get him a sketch pad. Which he waded into with some zeal. I found though he prefers to use pens and felt tips to colour, probably because they are quicker and have more colour. His big sister wasn't feeling so well and had forgotten to go back to school today. I hope she can get up tomorrow.

This evening I sit wondering whether I should just easily do absolutely nothing or whether I should look at some very important Fish Factory documents, the thing is I begrudge doing this in my own time. And would prefer to listen to music. Or eating the odd pie. In the end we all have finite time, it's a matter of weighing the more important things against each other. Just to say listening to music won out. As for the Fish Factory documents, oh well it'll bite me in the arse at some other time, but hopefully while up to my armpits in fishes not in petals.

No comments: