Sunday, January 28, 2007

Deep Bath


Drew a bath this morning, it was so deep I could of drowned in it. Then as i stepped in my toes were on fire. They were red hot but my hands told me the water was warm not hot. So I proceded to stick my bum in, and it wasn't so bad after all. Except for the water displacement. It rose even higher, nearly up to the overflow hole. Toes just about surfaced out of the water to cool them down a little. Not forgetting to throw in the 'made in China' bath salts which were part of a crimbo present. The instructions said not to get them in your eyes or on your face, but my bum was ok. If I am now hideously scared on the arse no one can see it. At least I'm no uglyier before the bath than after the bath. I laid there a long time. It was hot and relaxing, the problem is my mind is racing.

Quite a non eventful Sunday morning. I got a bow saw and am wondering about cutting some trees down on a small bit of waste land just behind the house. Because then perhaps it would be overtaken by blackberry bushes. They'd be a deterent to anyone who decided to wonder on the waste land and into the back garden. The trees are just killing off the wild plants, because they suck up so much water from the soil. Foxes use the waste ground as a meeting place. You can hear them at night, they cry out like a baby balling it's head off at times. There was once even a couple of hedgehogs who used to wonder into our garden from there. I think they died off. Someone probably laid slug pellets down. They're highly toxic to hedgehogs. At least if you got spikes there's no worries about being ugly. The trees were probably not so big then when the hedgehogs were running about. Hedgehogs eat slugs. Not little boys like the nursery rhyme. Yes so far quite unevenful.

My mind's racing because i'm thinking about having to represent a couple of fishes from the fish factory. In this case I become the ritz man. I suppose it'll only be off my mind once it's all over and done with. I know there's no one is going to lose their job this time round. It would be awful to have someone thrown out of the pond. It's just things encroach onto normal life from the Factory and then they play on my mind. I'm not sure what to do in one case, although I know the outcome has been informally agreed. The thing is I feel a little out of my depth, I shouldn't of been this far out of sea without having been here before on a trial run. It's a let down. Which is probably what's bothering me. It is and it's the big fishes I'm facing.

If only it were possible to draw a bath and wash away vexations thoughts. For some reason I don't think those Chinese bath salts did it. Well I probably smell a lot better. As for the scarred bum, I'll keep it under wraps. After all I don't want the hot baths of this world to feel they are being discriminated against.

No comments: