Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy 2007


Today has started with sunlight. It's amazing the effect of prolonged overcast weather and how it's so depressive. But with some sun, all looks different. I think 2007 will be a good year, although I personally saw it in by going to bed. I'll have a glass of Ginger Wine in a minute and celebrate some more.

For some unknown reason I feel happy. Lets try and work it out. Getting enough vitamins - yep. Sunlight - Yep, in love with a wonderful woman - yep, found a friend who had an emergency operation after Christmas was on the mend, sitting up in his hospital bed and even radiating a warmth and happiness himself - yep (made me very happy), long lazy lie in bed - yep, but still some other unexplained factor making me feel happy. Only had one biscuit so far today - yep. Good going.

Perhaps being happy is just difficult to analyse? It can happen for no reason at all, and maybe it's best not to question it but to go with it. Of course there are things I'll need to do or hope to get round to doing for the new year. Tidy up computer room, get fitter, lose weight, tell someone i love them more than I have before. Acquire a new friend. Yes, I'd like to do work on this last point. Learn a song, write a poem, laugh with every muscle in my body, take a long walk, cook a new exciting dish or a simple dish well, have a conversation with a child and marvel at their unknown wisdom. Learn and recite in full the poem Desiderata because it's about time, suck a sweet, clap my hands, dance because I like to, and be there for those who need me. Write more and become as fully as I can the person I am. Stand back when I need to, and not be over stretched.

I found something new today is called the Gestalt Prayer, by some psychologist, it basically says you become acceptant of who you are and be acceptant of people around you. While at the same time learn not to expect anything of them, it's a pretty nice little prayer. I checked it out from Google after a serendipitous find on a BLOG. It's nice to read other peoples writings as well. For just writing because I like it would be unfair if I didn't read what others wrote as well. I mean they have put their writings there for a reason, and as long as they are in English fine. At this time of life I can't see myself learning Chinese, I have problem enough with English people who can't speak English, let alone write it. So where was I? Oh yes, 2007 is going to be a happy year, and I know it because I can feel it right now. So happy new year to all who have cast an eye over my words. And I don't mean have plucked out an eye and thrown it at them, or have just cursory checked it out, I mean have actually bothered, lol oops seems I am bothered. Happy 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: