Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Guinness


Just recently, I have taken a liking to Guinness, the black stuff with a creamy head. It's taken a while for me to really appreciate the taste. It's not one of those things which comes naturally, it is aquired. I used to think the best part of a pint was the second half, for some reason the top half just didn't taste so good. Then when I'd drunk the top half I'd get used to it and really enjoy the bottom half. Now I've got used to both the top and the bottom half of a glass is equally very nice. At first it just used to be on special occaisions like St Patricks day. Now I think I could drink it on any day.
I heard on the radio Guinness have now brewed a pint which rather than being black in colour is red. It's been brewed for the male pallet they said. Bitter at the front of the mouth and sweet at the back. If it gets a bit more popular wish some luck I'd give it a try. As a drink Guinness is said to be high in iron, but it's odd how it's not mentioned how it can help when you need to sit on the pan. I wont go into it too much. But a couple of pints in the evening will certainly make the difference in the morning.
Not to mention the unique nature of Guinness advertising, how they appear to break the mould. The racing snails, a man who dances to funny music, how man is frozen back to the neanderthal state when it's drunk and there's the advert where a town's aging swiming hero takes on all comers to still win his race. I hope I'm not getting the ads mixed up, but I think these ones are all from Guinness.
Well nearly over the effects of my pint and a half of the black stuff, which means I haven't got any excuse now to run naked, jump in the closest river and turn into a snail. Thing is snails don't swim. This could mean I should take it just a little lighter. Ok just the one pint next time, and I'll try and drink it slow.

No comments: