Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A Different World

This week I am spending in the company of Sparkling Eyes and Rock Chick. In reality it is like being plucked and dropped into a very different world from which I have come. At the moment I am lucky Rock Chick doesn't feel like picking a fight with me, and she sings lines from Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang. She has a nice little voice, except when shouting out at me because I've done something uncool. Like give the wrong definition of "queer" because she knows it does not fit the context of what she has in mind. Sparkling eyes has been a little kinder, well a lot kinder, except maybe for telling me to kiss her feet while I was on my knees sanding down some skirting board. Making me buy her cigarettes when I didn't, because I forgot and then telling me I am a typical man. I thinks not. But Sparkling Eyes has kept me well fed and watered. So much, I'm being called "fat boy" quite often. No matter what happens to me or how I become a victim some prank I hold a smile on my face and am very happy to be in their company. However, I'll sure hope the lad who takes on Rock Chick has a bit of back bone, coz if he doesn't she'll tie his back bone into a bow and make him act like a bunny rabbit.

The major power tool in this household is the TV remote control. I have not had to endure so much channel chopping than when Rock Chick has possession of this control. Music rules the house, except for when scarey videos are put on. And when they are I'm often of the opinion they have been picked to scare me more than the girls. One music channel after the other is played, then switched, played, then switched again, again, and again. Something comes on I like, I hear two, words am about to say it's a good song and yes, switched again. I kind of got used used to it. Murder, death, kill comes to mind, but it slowly evaporates until the next switch. Perhaps I'll steal the batteries out of the control.

Sparkling Eyes puts another load of chocolates in the dish. I have moved the dish at least 3 times into the kitchen to keep it out of my sight. But it's back again. There's a thing about chocolate if it's lying about doing nothing, just minding it's own business, it can often find itself in my mouth. Eaten. Gone forever. A back hole. Stomach is nearly as big as my eyes now.

It is a world most different from the sedentary life of a man in a fish factory, but it is so nice warm and challenging as well. Not that I have to say this because Sparkling Eyes will look over my words and refused to feed me if I didn't, no she'd just put yet more chocolates out and hope they magically disappear. Hope does not come into it, they will, of all things tempting the one thing I have problems with refusing is temptation itself. It's a different world and a warm loving one as well. Should of earnt myself a few extra chocolates now.

No comments: