Wednesday, January 10, 2007

World of Ritz

I have ventured into the world of the Ritz. Going to the Ritz office for the first time and actually being there to do something. However, this ended up with a 3 hour conversation with the new Ritz woman who intends to take over the business. She kept talking and would not stop.

There are some things I can't agree with. Utilising my time to ring up perhaps a 1000 people just to see if they have changed address or not. Is I believe a pointless exercise. Ritz man had warned me about this previously. I agree with him, the clerical should be doing this work. I thought as she went on and on "the more someone talks, the more they need to justify themselves" it just popped in my head. I didn't challenge much, but I know she was missing the point a number of times. Seeing things from her own point of view. When she used the word "we" I'd mentally replace it with the word "I" which was the real perspective. At the bottom of it the real notion however is to build up and support the Ritz shop in a new beginning. I'm just personally saddened the old Ritz man and the new Ritz woman would never get on. They couldn't, it is clear from Ritz man's previous discussions. But with all hand's on deck, the shop would be stronger more representative and worthy. I don't think she should be there. Have I made a big mistake I wonder, should I have come forward first to lend support? I don't know. Should I have been the new Ritz Man when I know nothing of the business?

This evening I had a wonderful converstion with Sparkling Eyes, we laughed and I got told off for yawning. It was a pain because she could see me in the MSN window but Sparkling Eyes didn't have her cam on. It meant, I got told off whenever I yawned or didn't pay attention. I suppose I didn't really care. Because sometimes it is necessary to be told off when your attention wanes. Although, I was somewhat surprised when Sparkling Eyes revealed she had more than one proposal since setting up her BLOG page. Quite frankly I know she is poking me with a stick, and of course the old issue about how many views she gets with only 3 BLOG entries against my 40 odd. Or the number of comments she has against my one. As I say Sparkling Eyes, I'm writing because I like it. But not as much as I like you. I sure can't wait to see you and can feel myself smile, get warm inside and be quite happy.

If I don't like something in the world of the Ritz I must remind myself, I can just walk out.

I met with Long Haired boy today and got him whatever he wanted to eat for lunch. Poor thing was having a bad day. But the lunch I had decided would be a pleasant time. I listened to all he said, supported him in every way I could and then slipped him ten quid. He's a really good kid. I hope he can find himself some work. And get out of having to go to these Job Club places which really are no more than places to depress and devour those who don't have work.

I see so much of this country tending towards the same culture as the US, and I can only blame President Blair. We are not the US, we should never try to be them, and we should cut all ties. The NHS, Education, Crime, Unemployment and Taxes are indelible items of National concern. However, the UK should not treat US policy as good policy. Making people pay for a health service is anathema to me, blaming unemployment on the unemployed is a pointless exercise. The thing is Governments don't reap what they sow during the days of their governing, my belief is it takes about 5-10 years before those laws, budjets and decision really filter down to the people. Sodding ell, on my soap box. It happened before. I'll stop there.

As for the Ritz it will be a matter of watch this space. And don't stare vacantly at the paint drying on the wall. Because it stinks and I'll be overcome by the fumes. Or did those vapours come from some other place?

No comments: