Sunday, November 16, 2008

Can't take it with you

What an odd week it has been. Or perhaps it has been just like all other weeks. Sparkling will tell me how dull and boring my existence is and probably at the same time throw a custard pie at me.

This week for some reason when I passed the funeral directors on a little walk up the road, I wondered about making my own funeral arrangements. I wondered also about making a will. When I met my father for the first time, his pretense for the meeting was something to do with making a will. I thought about how my estate, and how little of it there is would be divided up. How someone I knew who seemed to be concerned with money for their children rather than presents at Christmas would view inheritance. For them as for others money appears to rule their world. Be this the lack of it or the need to spend it, it's not a nice place to be in. It is important and can not be ignored, but it is not everything. There are some things I never got to talk to my father about. My own pains of being brought up, issues I wanted to get off my chest and I never can. That opportunity is over. Sometimes all the money in the world is can not cure grief or the need to talk.

It is overcast outside and there is a threat of rain. But it is also very mild. Winter should be cold and frosty. Leaves are in the process of dropping off trees and in fact they are nearly bare, but the cold crisp bite of winter is more of a toothless gumming. It could even be a miserable summer day. The seasons are changing, it's sad. You're body can get partly used to the cold. It's something to moan about as well. A talking point. Cold also kills of vermin and insects, it acts as a controlling mechanism. If it stays mild all tropical diseases can become reality even in England. The Thames could be a festering lagoon for mosquitoes.

I'll be out shortly. In the company of a little Oriental fella and Green Car man. To walk around shops. Wow, great. interesting not. Maybe I should look for a casket maker, one who knows how to deal with expanding wast lines.

No comments: