Friday, November 07, 2008

Scarey Dexter

Just seen an episode of Dexter series 3 and it ended making me feel a little scared. The reason being Dexter came out as what he really is, a cold hearted sociopath when it suits his needs. In consideration I don't think there will be another season's after this one. They will retire him in some way, if not from the script then I can't see Showtime continuing with the series. Dexter had the counter appeal of being an anti hero, but I don't know. For some reason he seemed exactly what he is and not enough of the dark comedy element was present. It got to me.

Christmas is very nearly here and it only seems an ever so short time ago, it was here before. It's time to go prezzy hunting. My worst pass time, I'd rather go fishing and hit trout over the head with a cosh then gut them in a sink. What will I get Sparkling or Rock Chick? I wonder if they life fresh fish, I'd kill two fishes with one stone.

I hear fireworks being let off into the night. It's been raining again. When you look up into the night sky the diminutive reality of things comes home. I think of the first animal into space. I think if I'm right it was the Russians who sent up an ape. How awful mankind can be. Mind I suppose the apes did get their revenge, especially from the film Planet of the Apes. After watching it I'm sure it serves us right for sending our furry relative up there.

Overtime tomorrow and I haven't spoken to Sparkling today. The day has just passed too quickly but it doesn't stop me thinking of her. I know for one thing, she would not of let the ape go up in a space capsule, if she saw that the ape would of been rescued and the scientist booted up the backside and in the capsule instead. Nope, can't hear any fireworks going off now, bet they thought twice.

No comments: