Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The surprise parcel

I know what Sparkling is really like when it comes to presents. She has to feel them, prod them, shake them and manipulate them in anyway she can to find out what is inside. This is when she hasn't already guessed and is right 9 times out of ten. So when she receives an unexpected parcel there is a fire of curiosity which soon takes hold.

A few weeks ago while in Sparkling's company we were perturbed about having no tin opener to open a tin. It had become a pain. Off to the shops we went, purchased a new one, and as soon as I get back home. I then learn the new opener has broken. I can't believe it. So with determination and a quest in mind I set about ordering a brand new tin opener. I checked the Internet sites, chose the one with a good review paid over the top and then waited. Nothing at first happened and I got an email back to say the supplier was out of stock. I thought no more of the matter and had not told Sparkling, because the item had not actually been sent to her. A couple of weeks pass and then I receive an email to say it has now been sent.

The supplier must of had a contract with a very efficient delivery company. Because before I had a chance to tell Sparkling it had arrived on her doorstep. For an instant I could see her face and expression. I could see the cogs in her brain spinning round in overdrive. Going crazy and asking the inevitable question "what is it?" Not to mention Rock Chick was home because she was feeling poorly so also would of been curious. I can only guess how long it took for the parcel to be opened up. If I say one minute it could be too generous, but it would of depended what Sparkling was up to at the time. No. It wouldn't. The parcel would of been first priority. I expect when she actually began tearing away at the package it was opened within 10 seconds, I'm guessing she would not of wanted to ruin her finger nails otherwise 5 seconds.

The text message must of come within a minute, no probably 5 minutes of opening. Because Sparkling and Rock found their mysterious parcel to be none other than a wonderful Tin opener sent with my love. Sparkling said in her text that romance is not dead. She and Rock Chick had been in fits of laughter. Several times during the day, I thought of the parcel being opened and laughed myself.

I wonder what I can send next time?

No comments: