Saturday, November 22, 2008

Mixed all sorts

It's been a mixed day with a number of items appearing on the agenda. Sparkling Eyes has opened up the Community Centre and organised the official launch day. I sure hope she did not become the magician's assistant and have swords thrust through her while she sat in a box, or worse waited for the magician to use his guillotine. No, I don't think so, he was likely to have just pulled rabbits out of hats or bouquets of flowers. Sparkling has done so well with her efforts and I sure hope she gets some recognition from it. She's a wonderful woman indeed. I think Rock Chick may have been helping out as well, I hope she did and had fun as well. Just like her mum she's wonderful as well and deserves a break from friends who turn into not so good friends at all.

I had lunch at a carvery with Green Car man and Retired English Teacher. My English Teacher was on form and he was looking slightly more rotund than usual. It must be the winter weather I thought. Unfortunately the little Oriental man had a family bereavement so could not turn up. When he told me about it, I said I was here to help him in anyway I can. I haven't heard from him and suspect I will not at this time. The lunch was passable but the company better. The steak and ale pie just a little chewy for my liking.

Long haired boy had his birthday today, and is now 21 years old, how time so flies. I recall going to the hospital to see his mother, she was not having such a good time of the delivery. Staff had decided to segregate her into a private room because the other expectant mothers were being unsettled. It was the pain of her labour, and her screaming. To tell the truth she really wasn't up to the whole event. Mind I suppose like most pregnancies I'm sure it was not planned. Long haired boy was her first, followed by Banana girl and later on Monster Boy.

Tomorrow I am expecting the Talkatives to turn up. I've been informed it will be a short visit as the dogs are too big to put in the car with the rest of the family. Which makes sense an Alsatian and a cross breed Rottweiler are sure to take up space. I must wake up and take a deep breath tomorrow, I'll need it.

No comments: