Saturday, January 16, 2010

Get thee in line fat man

Tomorrow I hit Scotland. So look out up there, the fat man from London is going to be arriving. Unfortunately the train I get is later than usual, arriving some time in the evening, which is a little sad. What matters is, I will be there I'll be happy and excited, and Sparkling might as well. Actually she will as another birthday is about to come. Then the time goes all too fast and she will wonder how soon it is before I can be kicked out of a moving car. While she revs the engine to get away and I run for the train.

Earlier we were chatting on MSN, then the advertising for a mate discussion kicked in. Before I knew it we were trading blows over who is the more lonesome. I asked Sparkling whether we were arguing and she said no. Because she preferred to argue with me in person and I wasn't so brave then. My response was surely it's unfair if you are winning all the arguments, so it was about time maybe I won some. She agreed it was unfair, but when I asked if I'd win any the answer was an emphatic NO. So fast thinking I said well maybe next time we have an argument she can use her laptop and I'll use the PC. I thought now my advantage would kick in. Sparkling knows this because in the land of typing I'm faster than she is, and it actually means I do get to say something. But Sparkles says to me yes it was OK, to argue this way, but if she felt I was getting the better of the argument she could always batter me. Of course, I have to re learn the same lesson over again, whatever the discussion or argument, Sparkling is always right. I am wrong.

It's nice to know where one's place is. Mine is clearly some where after the cat.

No comments: