Sunday, January 03, 2010

The start to a wonderful 2010

It's the last day of the seasonal holiday, well the weekend anyway. I sent a text to Sparkling this morning and there's been no reply, she's probably been busy with work. If I hassle her I'm sure she will bite my head off, chew on it and then spit it out. So I'll leave it for now. I'm too fond of my head on it's shoulders. Or perhaps it was something to do with the content of the text. It was about a bad dream of getting lost in London and then being having money extorted from me by various groups of people, so they'd lead me to somewhere I recognised. I think this dream has occurred before. Maybe it was my fault for not getting up at 6 a.m. when the cat decided to crap. But then it was a Sunday morning and I felt it was best to lay in. The next 4 hours I didn't expect to spend in sleep gang-land though. It would be so good if it were possible to control the outcome, maybe have Superman come down and rescue me, funny how even in dream land some fantasies just don't happen. Or if not Superman maybe Wonder woman, which would of been a whole lot more preferable when I think about it. I suppose there is a message somewhere I should be taking note of, one which has slipped my conscious awareness. I'll just sleep on it and see if I get a repeat episode.

I'm glad it's the end of Chrimbo, because I'm itching to get back to the Fish Factory and be doing something active. It may only be a few days since I came back from Scotland but I have no structure in my day. With Sparkling my day is dictated by Oli, Sparkling and taunted by Rock Chick when Dangerous Sports lad is not around. What a saviour it has been her having her own play thing. In Scotland there is no chance to get bored or to do anything else. Even when I take books with me to read, notes to write, a radio, I just don't get any time. Unless it's to massage Sparkling's feet, for which I was a little negligent. I'll make up for it next time. Today I even spent a moment doing a little tidying up and getting myself organized, contemplating life's variables. Preparing for the possibility of a job vacancy coming up in the Fish Factory. Not least of all I took a note of my weight, standing on a set of scales I figure to have put on about 5 pounds in weight over Chrimbo. Which isn't so bad really. Not really. Just there is more of me now than there ever has been. I heard somewhere green tea is good and can help you shed a few pounds over time, but it means drinking two or more cups a day. Hmmm better get out tomorrow and buy some.

To overcome boredom in the house I got myself out and about. I went to Greenwich, but now I think about it one of the things I meant to do I didn't. It was to check out the market. I'll have to save it for another day. I ate something from a Thai food stall and then popped into the pub for a pint of Guinness. There I happened to see the last twenty minutes of a football match. I wish I'd known it was on before. It was Man United versus Leeds United being played at Old Trafford. Now I don't really watch footy, it's not my game, but Leeds used to be a team I half supported when I half followed footy. You'd of thought considering the status of Man United the game was theirs, the writing on the cards. Their own stadium and they had two of the top players in the country on their side. Rooney and Owen. Therefore with some delight, no more than some, with great delight I can say they lost to Leeds, not even scoring a goal. It was 1 nil. If this is how the start of the year is going to be then it's pretty fantastic. If I were with Sparkling I would of got drunk there and then.

I'm sure 20210 is going to be a great year, if we forget about the recession, price of oil, cost of food, electricity, falling on the ice and snow and breaking a bone or two, then yes, this looks like it's set to be a wonderful year.

No comments: