Sunday, January 10, 2010

Guess what I'm on about before the second paragraph

I don't know if you have this problem, but I have at the moment. It could be to do with the brand. Then I've used this brand quite some time, but the same thing happens every morning. It's without fail. It takes some effort. Or the alternative is as I age I am becoming weaker, my muscles atrophying; well possibly I hear someone agree. Were I to decide not to bother then it wouldn't be too long before I'd be without a very useful asst. However, after several days I did find out what was causing it so know how to tackle the issue and it's nothing to do with being weak either. Although I sure know Sparkling would give me a run for my money in any arm wrestling competition. Without even cheating. Has your appetite been wetted? Have you got an idea what I am going on about? Probably not and your curiosity has been pricked. The clues are there

The answer is... are you really sure you want to know? I mean really? OK I'll let you off the hook. The answer is... I mean really? OK, don't want you to walk backwards out of the room trying to get away from the ramblings of some lunatic. The answer is toothpaste. Every morning when I brush my teeth and squeeze the tube not much happens. I then had resorted to leaning on the tube as I grip it against the sink, forcing the paste up the spout and sometimes it would reluctantly stay till I poked the bristles of my tooth brush into it. The paste is getting stuck. Almost like it has been glued in place. You'd of thought a twelve plus stone man could move it. Not always though.

Now this might be a good trick to do on April fools day but in January it would seem a little early. After a few mornings of this I eventually caught on. It was all to do with the weather. The prolonged chill is resulting in my toothpaste becoming more viscous. It might be a chemical reaction which takes place as the temperature drops, either this or a gremlin is coming out of the wood work just to play with my tube. Amongst other things this has delayed my morning awakening. But being occasionally smart, I found the answer, which I should of stumbled on earlier. I must of been having a slow week is all I can think. The solution, was to stick the tube, with cap on, under the hot water tap. A moment or two later and the white grout looking material would gently ease out and I could put it on my brush. I was a little concerned with all the wrestling I had been doing the tube might burst, but so far so good. I don't have tooth paste on my hands. My only other worry now is with the constant hot water I put on the tube it is going to effect the integrity of the plastic tube and again it will burst. Of course it doesn't happen in the evenings because by then the bathroom has been warmed up and so has the tube. What I ideally need is anti freeze.

However, with anti freeze I'd probably lose all my teeth a lot quicker than with frozen toothpaste. Not to mention some of my marbles.

No comments: