Friday, January 22, 2010

A walk round the Asda

I had a walk around the Asda supermarket last night. Rather I was in tow, the last one in line. Sparkling led first position, pushing one of those big trolleys, in a close second was Rock Chick hot on her trail, but not dearing to overtake or make any suggestions. I'd been warned when Sparkling got out of the car. Rock said Sparkles was in a mood, which meant don't mess with me in any way. There had been an event in work, which meant Sparkles got drenched in a beverage. Bother her hair and clothes had been covered, so at this moment she didn't want to be running around the supermarket. Feeling in need of a shower. Don't step on her toes was the message. For me though, being brave as I am, I took no further thoughts on the matter. So there I was running round in last place, Rock Chick cautions not to make any waves.

The dash was to stock up for a 3 day event of fun away in a log cabin. Sparkling knew what she had to do, there was a list in her hand and one thought only, get in, get out, just like the film 'In like Flint. Her eyes shot over the shelves as she made mental calculations. The list had magical words, like: bread, cuppa soup, bacon and the likes. (Rock Chick and her gang had put in some funds and Sparkling was doing their food shop). Then as we walked round I began to make suggestion beginning with the words "what about getting...?" Sparkles looked at the list then threw a stare at me, it was a quizzical look she had. Well this was how I took it. She carried on. Her eyes darting over the list, items went off the shelves and into the trolley like they had been mentally dropped there by telekinesis. I asked if I could push the trolley. She said "no." I made some more suggestions. The stare returned. I saw an image of me being hung upside down by my big toes. It was the mental thought transference thing again. Sparkles had enough she asked me and Rock Chick to go do some shopping in another part of the supermarket. It ended up with Rock Chick asking me to hold thirty tins of drink. Big tins not little ones. I walked backwards through the ails to find Sparkling. Alas the trolley was practically full and it had only been a matter of ten minutes. My arms stretched. I kept my gob shut. I needed to, to get my breath. The shop finished.

Back at the house, Rock Chick revealed if it wasn't for me taking the heat then she would of got it instead. Her face flickered a smile, one which held knowledge, one which knew the head to head wrath of Sparkles. Well it was over with. I survived. It wasn't so bad. Maybe it was because I dropped a couple of "darlings" such words have a soothing effect I find. Or maybe it's something to do with me hanging upside down this very moment. I never realised how much blood rushes to your head in times of great distress.

No comments: